- Education team outlook
- Students outlook during the current situation
- Education Stakeholder outlook
- Agent Outlook
- Overall Sentiment of the Education Market
- Current Focus
- Experience/ Learnings from Online Agent Fairs
- Topmost Student queries
Published biweekly, the COVID-19 education team sentiment snapshot highlights information drawn from a survey conducted every week in an effort to gather on-the-ground intelligence from our education team to assist all our stakeholders (students, Universities, Agents, etc.) in preparing for the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 situation. This snapshot presents the insights from a survey conducted with our education team in India from June 29 – July 10, 2020, and captures how the sentiments have evolved in the past two weeks.
We surveyed 62 of our in-country representatives for various Universities across Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Education Team Outlook
- Uncertain (43%), 15%
- Neutral (34%), 5%
- Positive (20%), 5%
- Negative (3%) 5%
- Uncertain (61%), 11%
- Neutral (17%), 12%
- Positive (16%)
- Negative (6%)
Education Stakeholder outlook
- Uncertain (40%), 7%
- Neutral (40%), 9%
- Positive (18%), 2%
- Negative (2%)
- Uncertain (48%), 15%
- Neutral (27%), 9%
- Positive (19%), 2%
- Negative (6%) 8%
Overall Sentiment of the Education Market
- Uncertain (56%), 3%
- Neutral (26%), 5%
- Positive (8%), 3%
- Negative (10%) 5%
Top Student Queries
- The major focus of the education team these past two weeks have been Conversion (69%), Planning (66%), and Engaging Stakeholders (64%).
- The Education Team indicated spending 40-60% of their time these past two weeks on Conversion and Engaging stakeholders.
- 92% of our education team has attended more than 5 online agent fairs since the lockdown.
- 41% of the team has also organised more than 5 online interactions in the past two weeks alone to engage all the stakeholders. 33% of our team also participated in panels in the past two weeks.
- For reaching out to students for undergraduate programs, 42% of the education team is focussing on special agent events, 16% on career seminars by counsellors and 10% by career platform for schools.
- We continue to notice a high number of Deferral/refund related queries/requests (84%). Students are also increasingly raising queries regarding the impact of online classes on degree/ post-study work visa (64%).
- In order to address these challenges, institutions are providing quick/regular updates to the students and our agents suggest 82% of the institutions have also started offering online start for the upcoming intake, an 12% increase in the last two weeks.
- The education team suggests New Zealand (36%)Canada (30%) and the United Kingdom (16%) have done a good job of managing and communicating around the impact of COVID-19.