- Education team outlook
- Students outlook during the current situation
- Education Stakeholder outlook
- Agent Outlook
- Overall Sentiment of the Education Market
- Current Focus
- Experience/ Learnings from Online Agent Fairs
- Topmost Student queries
Published weekly, the COVID-19 education team sentiment snapshot highlights information drawn from a survey conducted every week in an effort to gather on-ground intelligence from our education team to assist all our stakeholders (students, Universities, Agents, etc.) in preparing for the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 situation. This snapshot presents the insights from a survey conducted with our on-ground education team in India from June 22 – 26, 2020 and captures how the sentiments have evolved since the past week.
We surveyed 36 of our in-country representatives for various Universities across Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Education Team Outlook
- Uncertain (28%)
- Neutral (39%)
- Positive (25%)
- Negative (8%)
- Uncertain (50%)
- Neutral (29%)
- Positive (15%)
- Negative (6%)
Education Stakeholder outlook
- Uncertain (47%)
- Neutral (31%)
- Positive (20%)
- Negative (2%)
- Uncertain (33%)
- Neutral (36%)
- Positive (17%)
- Negative (14%)
Overall Sentiment of the Education Market
- Uncertain (53%)
- Neutral (31%)
- Positive (11%)
- Negative (5%)
Top Student Queries
- The major focus of the education team this week has been Conversion (75%) along with Engaging Stakeholders (72%).
- The Education Team indicated spending 40-60% of their time this week on Student Counselling. Engaging stakeholders and Conversions.
- 92% of our education team has attended more than 5 online agent fairs since the lockdown.
- 28% of the team has also organised more than 5 online interactions in the last week alone to engage all the stakeholders. 53% of our team also participated in panels last week.
- For reaching out to students for undergraduate programs, 42% of the education team is focussing on special agent events, 18% on career seminars by counsellors and 11% by career platform for schools.
- Our team noticed a huge upsurge in Visa (83%) and Deferral/ refund related queries/requests (81%), 13%, and 8% increase respectively, from last week. Students are also increasingly raising queries regarding the impact of online classes on degree/ post-study work visas (78%).
- In order to address these challenges, institutions are providing quick/regular updates to the students and our agents suggest 70% of the institutions have also started offering online start for the upcoming intake, an 11% increase since last week.
- The education team suggests New Zealand (45%), followed by Canada (22%) and United Kingdom (17%) have done a good job of managing and communicating around the impact of COVID-19.
We will now be publishing the Education Team Sentiment Analysis biweekly. Stay Safe!