- Education team outlook
- Students outlook during the current situation
- Education Stakeholder outlook
- Agent Outlook
- Overall Sentiment of the Education Market
- Current Focus
- Experience/ Learnings from Online Agent Fairs
- Topmost Student queries
Published biweekly, the COVID-19 education team sentiment snapshot highlights information drawn from a survey conducted every two weeks in an effort to gather on-the-ground intelligence from our education team to assist all our stakeholders (students, Universities, Agents, etc.) in preparing for the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 situation. This snapshot presents the insights from a survey conducted with our education team in India from July 13 – 26, 2020, and captures how the sentiments have evolved in the past two weeks.
We surveyed 66 of our in-country representatives for various Universities across Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Education Team Outlook
- Uncertain (35%) 8%
- Neutral (36%) 2%
- Positive (22%) 2%
- Negative (7%) 4%
- Uncertain (56%) 5%
- Neutral (21%) 4%
- Positive (12%) 4%
- Negative (11%) 5%
Education Stakeholder outlook
- Uncertain (44%) 4%
- Neutral (36%) 4%
- Positive (12%) 6%
- Negative (8%) 6%
- Uncertain (43%) 5%
- Neutral (27%)
- Positive (14%) 5%
- Negative (16%) 10%
Overall Sentiment of the Education Market
- Uncertain (58%) 2%
- Neutral (24%) 2%
- Positive (11%) 3%
- Negative (7%) 3%
Top Student Queries
- The major focus of the education team these past two weeks has been Conversion (77%), Planning (65%), and Student Counselling (64%).
- The Education Team indicated spending 60-80% of their time these past two weeks on Conversions alone.
- 47% of the team has also organised more than 5 online interactions in the past two weeks alone to engage all the stakeholders. 50% of our team also participated in panels in the past two weeks.
- For reaching out to students for undergraduate programs, 40% of the education team is focussing on special agent events, 20% on career seminars by counsellors and 14% by career platform for schools.
- We continue to notice a high number of Deferral/refund related queries/request (83%). In the past two weeks, we also noticed a huge upsurge in Visa related queries (78%), a 21% increase since the last survey. Students are also increasingly raising queries regarding the impact of online classes on degree/ post-study work visa (65%).
- In order to address these challenges, institutions are providing quick/regular updates to the students and our staff suggests 80% of the institutions have also started offering online start for the upcoming intake.
- 24% of the education team suggests 20-40% of their pipeline will start online in 2020 and transition to campus next year.
- 26% of our team suggests 40-60% of their pipeline is open for an online start in 2020 and transition to campus next year.
- The education team suggests New Zealand (36%), Canada (30%), and the United Kingdom (19%) have done a good job of managing and communicating around the impact of COVID-19.