- Education team outlook
- Students outlook during the current situation
- Education Stakeholder outlook
- Agent Outlook
- Overall Sentiment of the Education Market
- Current Focus
- Experience/ Learnings from Online Agent Fairs
- Topmost Student queries
Published biweekly, the COVID-19 education team sentiment snapshot highlights information drawn from a survey conducted every two weeks in an effort to gather on-the-ground intelligence from our education team to assist all our stakeholders (students, Universities, Agents, etc.) in preparing for the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 situation. This snapshot presents the insights from a survey conducted with our education team in India from July 27 – August 9, 2020, and captures how the sentiments have evolved in the past two weeks.
We surveyed 40 of our in-country representatives for various Universities across Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Education Team Outlook
- Uncertain (37.5%), 2.5%
- Neutral (37.5%)
- Positive (20%), 2%
- Negative (5%), 2%
- Uncertain (50%), 6%
- Neutral (30%)
- Positive (12.5%), 0.5%
- Negative (5%), 5%
Education Stakeholder outlook
- Uncertain (39.5%), 4.5%
- Neutral (36.8%)
- Positive (23.8%), 11.8%
- Negative (0%), 8%
- Uncertain (41.38%), 1.6%
- Neutral (41.38%)
- Positive (13.80%), 0.2%
- Negative (3.44%), 12.5%
Overall Sentiment of the Education Market
- Uncertain (58.97%), 0.97%
- Neutral (25.65%)
- Positive (12.82%), 1.82%
- Negative (2.56%), 4.44%
Top Student Queries
- The major focus of the education team these past two weeks have been Student Counselling (65%), Engaging with Stakeholders (65%) and Planning & Research (60%)
- The Education Team indicated spending 83% of their time these past two weeks on Conversions alone
- 62% of our education team has attended more than 5 online agent fairs since the lockdown.
- 25% of the team has also organised more than 5 online interactions in the past two weeks alone to engage all the stakeholders. 45% of our staff participated in panels reaching out to students, 35% to parents, 25% to counsellors and 30% to schools, colleges & universities.
- For reaching out to students for undergraduate programs, 33% of the education team is focusing on special agent events, 25% on career platforms for schools and 15% on career seminars by counsellors
- We continue to notice a high number of Deferral/refund related queries/request 88%). In the past two weeks, we also noticed a downward in Visa related queries (68%), 10% since the last survey. Students are also increasingly raising queries regarding the impact of online classes on degree/ post-study work visa (63%).
- In order to address these challenges, institutions are providing quick/regular updates to the students and our education team suggests 80% of the institutions have also started offering online start for the upcoming intake.
- 43%of the education team suggests 20-40% of their pipeline will start online in 2020 and transition to campus next year.
- 15%of our team suggests 40-60% of their pipeline is open for an online start in 2020 and transition to campus next year.
- The education team suggests New Zealand (32.5%), Canada (25%) and the United Kingdom (25%) have done a good job of managing and communicating around the impact of COVID-19.