- Education team outlook
- Students outlook during the current situation
- Education Stakeholder outlook
- Agent Outlook
- Overall Sentiment of the Education Market
- Current Focus
- Experience/ Learnings from Online Agent Fairs
- Topmost Student queries
Published biweekly, the COVID-19 education team sentiment snapshot highlights information drawn from a survey conducted every two weeks in an effort to gather on-the-ground intelligence from our education team to assist all our stakeholders (students, Universities, Agents, etc.) in preparing for the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 situation. This snapshot presents the insights from a survey conducted with our education team in India from August 10 – 23, 2020, and captures how the sentiments have evolved in the past two weeks.
We surveyed 50 of our in-country representatives for various Universities across Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America
Education Team Outlook
- Uncertain (30%) 7.5%
- Neutral (46%), 8.5%
- Positive (20%)
- Negative (4%) 1%
- Uncertain (52%) 2 %
- Neutral (26%) 4%
- Positive (20%) 7.5%
- Negative (2%) 3%
Education Stakeholder outlook
- Uncertain (38%) 1.5%
- Neutral (48%) 11.8%
- Positive (12%) 11.8%
- Negative (2%) 2%
- Uncertain (38%) 3.38%
- Neutral (46%) 4.62%
- Positive (10%) 3.8%
- Negative (6%) 2.56%
Overall Sentiment of the Education Market
- Uncertain (50%) 8.97%
- Neutral (38%) 12.35%
- Positive (8%) 4.82%
- Negative (4%) 1.44%
Top Student Queries
- The major focus of the education team these past two weeks has been Student Counselling (76%), Conversion (74%), and Planning (66%).
- The Education Team indicated spending 60-80% of their time these past two weeks on Planning, Engaging students and stakeholders, and Conversions.
- 20% of the team has also organised more than 5 online interactions in the past two weeks alone to engage all the stakeholders. 42% of our team also participated in panels in the past two weeks.
- For reaching out to students for undergraduate programs, 44% of the education team is focussing on special agent events, 24% on career seminars by counsellors and 18% by career platform for schools.
- We continue to notice a high number of Deferral/refund related queries/requests (63%) and Visa related queries (78%), Students are again increasingly raising queries regarding University’s preparedness for COVID-19 (62%).
- In order to address these challenges, institutions are providing quick/regular updates to the students and our agents suggest 84% of the institutions have also started offering online start for the upcoming intake.
- 24% of the education team suggests 20-40% of their pipeline will start online in 2020 and transition to campus next year.
- 22% of our team suggests 40-60% of their pipeline is open for an online start in 2020 and transition to campus next year.
- The education team suggests New Zealand (38%), Canada (26%), and the United Kingdom (26%) have done a good job of managing and communicating around the impact of COVID-19.