Published biweekly, the COVID-19 education team sentiment snapshot highlights information drawn from a survey conducted every two weeks in an effort to gather on-the-ground intelligence from our education team to assist all our stakeholders (students, Universities, Agents, etc.) in preparing for the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 situation. This snapshot presents the insights from a survey conducted with our education team in India from September 7 – September 20, 2020, and captures how the sentiments have evolved in the past two weeks.
We surveyed 40 of our in-country representatives for various Universities across Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America
Education Team Outlook
- Uncertain (22%) 2%
- Neutral (52%) 4%
- Positive (21%) 3%
- Negative (5%) 3%
- Uncertain (42%) 5%
- Neutral (35%) 1%
- Positive (20%) 7%
- Negative (3%) 1%
Education Stakeholder outlook
- Uncertain (27%) 7%
- Neutral (50%)
- Positive (18%) 2%
- Negative (5%) 5%
- Uncertain (28%) 13%
- Neutral (57%) 12%
- Positive (10%) 1%
- Negative (5%)
Overall Sentiment of the Education Market
- Uncertain (30%) 8%
- Neutral (52%) 10%
- Positive (13%)
- Negative (5%) 2%
Top Student Queries
- The major focus of the education team these past two weeks have been Student Counselling (78%), Conversion (68%) and Planning (56%).
- The Education Team indicated spending 60-80% of their time these past two weeks on Planning, Engaging students and stakeholders and Conversions.
- 40%of the team has also organised more than 5 online interactions in the past two weeks alone to engage all the stakeholders. 36% of our team also participated in panels in the past two weeks.
- For reaching out to students for undergraduate programs, 42% of the education team is focussing on special agent events,28% by career platform for schools and 18% on career seminars by counsellors
- We continue to notice a high number of Deferral/refund related queries/requests (78%) and Visa related queries (76%), Students are again increasingly raising queries regarding University’s preparedness for COVID-19 (67%).
- In order to address these challenges, institutions are providing quick/regular updates to the students and our agents suggest 55% of the institutions have also startedoffering online start while 28% have started offering a hybrid delivery of programs, for the upcoming intake.
- 20% of the institutions that our education team support has opened their campus in August’20, while 48% institutions are planning the same for September this year. 16% team also suggests that their institution will not open for fall this year.
- 28% of the education team suggests 20-40% of their pipeline will start online in 2020 and transition to campus next year.
- 25% of our team suggests 40-60% of their pipeline are open for an online start in 2020 and transition to campus next year.
- The education team suggests that the United Kingdom (32%), New Zealand (28%) and Canada (22%) have done a good job of managing and communicating around the impact of COVID-19.