Diversity relates to the demographics of the organisation’s workforce. The term can span across a variety of factors such as race, gender, culture, religion, age, physical ability, education, etc. Having diverse talent ensures there are different perspectives to consider, fostering innovation.
From an organisation’s perceptive, ‘inclusion’ means involving and including a diverse workforce in every regard. There should be absolutely no discrimination or disparity in treatment among employees on any grounds.
The Importance of Diversity and Inclusion
- Most millennials (those born after 1982) prefer to work in companies with strong policies centred around diversity, equality, and inclusion
- When people from various backgrounds come together and work as one to create unique products and ideas, there is rise in innovation
- Research shows that organisations with diverse management earn higher revenues, owing to the different thought processes, ideas and culture they bring to the table
- Companies with a diverse talent pool eventually build a strong reputation leading to greater retention and attracting the best talent
How Sannam S4 Can Help
At Sannam S4, we believe diversity and inclusion are powerful forces of innovation that should be addressed in every organisation. We can help by:
- Analysing the firm’s readiness and risk for large-scale change
- Designing and executing communication strategies
- Supporting in conducting job impact analyses and designing workforce transition programs for targeted segments
- Designing systematic changes for the organisation and accelerating the pace of change toward a culture of inclusion
- Analysing and designing a diverse workforce strategy and subsequently supporting the hiring process through diversity-focused job fairs and events