The new National Education Policy 2020 positions India as a global study destination – providing premium education at affordable costs. In order to achieve this mission, the policy sets forth a range of measures including:
- Setting up an International office at each Indian HEI hosting foreign students
- Promoting research and teaching cross-border collaborations
- Encouraging student and faculty exchanges between Indian and global institutions through special efforts
- Inviting the top 100 universities of the world to operate in India
- Permitting transfer of credits from foreign institutions to be counted towards degrees
To deep dive into how these NEP reforms will change internationalisation agendas in Indian universities, we invite Professor Prabhu Aggarwal, Vice-Chancellor of NIIT University, and Professor Sangeet Jaura, Pro Vice-Chancellor of Chitkara University for the third edition of our NEP Webinar Series.