The COVID-19 pandemic has brought many changes in Higher Education worldwide. The reactions ranged from autonomous actions of the institutions to move lectures online, technology companies making their tools available to academic institutions, and even Governments revisiting regulatory guidelines. The changes have thrown open new questions about security, privacy, and value, with some students questioning whether they should be required to pay the same fees for online education as they would have otherwise paid.
In this webinar, we will explore the potential long term impact of the pandemic on Indian Higher Education, the second-largest higher education system in the world by size, with the following questions:
- Will this pandemic ‘normalise’ remote learning for students, their parents, and the institutions?
- Does Remote Learning change the value proposition of Higher Education? For better or for worse?
- Will the institutions continue to offer remote learning and develop the proposition further as and when life returns to normal?
- What changes in regulations are needed for this ‘new normal’?
- Would acceptance of remote learning alter and expand the scope of international Higher Education in India?